Cisco 6509/6513 cable management...

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Tue Sep 21 14:19:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Positively Optimistic wrote:

> Do any of our fellow nanog members have experience with cable management on
> 6509/6513 cisco switches?   We're upgrading infrastructure in some of our
> facilities,..  and until it came to cable management, the switches seemed to
> be a great idea...   8 48port blades..  pose a challenge.. or a problem..
>
> Pictures are welcomed...   off-list contact would be great.
>
> Thanks

http://www.cecommunication.com/pages/cablemgmtproducts.html

I have no affiliation with them nor do I even have any - but they do look
nice.  They claim to not block blade swaps or fan tray removal.

If you notice about half the pics/links posted - folks have ALL cabling
leaving the 6500 to one side.  If you don't do this, you must disconnect
cables to get the fan tray out.  The folks fanning to both sides are
either ignorant or overly optimistic (no pun intended WRT your email
address) :)

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: