Juniper SSG-140, Monitoring and control the usage of the Internet

Marek Lukaszuk m.lukaszuk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 09:02:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 07:49, Yasir Munir Abbasi <yamu at ciklum.net> wrote:
> Hi,

> I have a SSG-140 Juniper Firewall. I need to ask, how can I Monitor the individual IP traffic? I mean I want to see who is taking more bandwidth.
>
> Please help me out. Thanks

As far as I know, you will not be able to get any bandwidth usage per
host from the ScreenOS.
You can still get a pretty good idea who is hammering your network
either by enabling logging on the policies or by analyzing the session
table. In both cases you you will probably need to analyze the data on
some remote host (traffic/policy logs can be send by syslog, get
session output can be copy over tftp) and not on the device itself.
There is no support for anything like JFlow or NetFlow on ScreenOS.

> Yasir Munir Abbasi

Thanks,
Marek