Active Directory requires Microsoft DNS?

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Mon Sep 20 14:11:14 UTC 2010

Microsoft Active directory absolutely needs dynamic DNS. However, I know that it has been integrated with bind, so I don't believe it needs Microsoft DNS. A common procedure is to delegate a subdomain to the microsoft dns server and let the Active Directory forest be built within that environment.

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
http://www.ox.com  | Phone: 914-460-4039