Active Directory requires Microsoft DNS?

Tom Mikelson tmikelson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 14:04:49 UTC 2010

Presently our organization utilizes BIND for DNS services, with the
Networking team administering.  We are now being told by the Systems team
that they will be responsible for DNS services and that it will be changed
over to the Microsoft DNS service run on domain controllers.  The reason
given is that the Active Directory implementation requires the Microsoft DNS
service and dynamic DNS.  Not being a Microsoft administrator I do not know
the veracity of these claims.  Anyone out there had any experiences with a
situation like this?  I am a bit leery of changing something that is already
working.