Specifications for Internet services on public frequency

John Gammons jgammons at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 18:59:51 UTC 2010

Ubiquiti Networks - www.ubnt.com

I have deployed numerous rural wireless provider nets with a variety
of technologies and vendors and this is by far, the most cost
effective and reliable last mile solution.

IMHO, based on testing and real life lessons learned, unlicensed is
the only way to go in rural.  The benefits of licensed frequencies are
"typically" lost in rural environments as there aren't many contending
devices.  The above N based equipment performs roughly at the same
level as fixed wimax, without the expense of the wimax chipsets.  Of
course I am generalizing a bit and each deployment has it's own
requirements and challenges to be considered.

John