Did Internet Founders Actually Anticipate Paid, Prioritized Traffic?

Brian Johnson bjohnson at drtel.com
Thu Sep 16 19:38:12 UTC 2010

Traffic?

<SNIP>

>The point is that if the provider is deciding based on some third party
>paying them and thus my neighbors are getting more bandwidth
>than I am, not because they're paying more, but, because they're
>choosing to use the services that bribed my provider, then that's
>not a good thing.

This actually is a case for net neutrality. I worry about things like
ACLS to prevent SPAM or abuse/security will get tarred with the same
feathers.

- Brian

 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
copying, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.