XO Routing

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Thu Sep 16 16:53:10 UTC 2010

On 9/16/10 9:35 AM, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
> Hopefully they don't treat this the same way they treat their billing,
> otherwise you all will be degraded for months or even years. It is
> absolutely amazing that this company is still in business.

The "big guys" will always remain in business, or be absorbed into
another equal or larger entity to form an even bigger one, regardless of
their practices. (A fringe exception would be AT&T's court ordered
breakup.) The larger they get the much more spectacular the faults tend
to be.

Whereas with smaller providers like myself, how I treat my customers
factors in as a major aspect to whether or not they stick around. I
can't compete strictly on price with the big guys, but I do absorb their
BS and shield my customers from it as much as possible. If I treated my
customers like the big guys do, I wouldn't have any.

~Seth