Did Internet Founders Actually Anticipate Paid, Prioritized Traffic?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Mon Sep 13 14:05:49 UTC 2010

On 9/13/2010 9:28 AM, Rodrick Brown wrote:
> Its unrealistic to believe payment for priority access isn't going to
> happen this model is used for many other outlets today I'm not sure
> why so many are against it when it comes to net access.

Who is paying for access to the Internet?

I thought it was the end-user / customer who was paying, that with their
payment is paying for the ISP to gain access to the rest of the net.

I would hope that my monthly internet charges would keep me from being a
set of "eyeballs" that are to be "monetized" by my ISP.

Otherwise give me the service for free...

--Patrick