ISP port blocking practice

Brian Johnson bjohnson at drtel.com
Mon Sep 13 13:54:35 UTC 2010

Brian J.

This is what we (network admins) get paid to do! If we are running a
server that is a security risk to the net, then we can't complain when
it gets filtered. It is our job to do our due diligence and ensure our
servers are not spam hot-beds or open relays (or other bad stuff,
etc...).

The port 25 blocking simply prevents the largest volume of hosts in an
ISP network, the users, from being a spam delivery platform.

- Brian

 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
copying, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.