Sustaining the Internet with hyperbolic mapping

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Sep 9 12:24:21 UTC 2010

On Sep 9, 2010, at 6:23 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> http://www.nature.com/ncomms/journal/v1/n6/full/ncomms1063.html

I had read this as well last night.  It's an interesting read and I was going to send the authors some feedback as it relates to the asymmetrical nature of BGP announcements impact on ASes, and seeking some of the data on the node/edge layouts that have been done.

I'm quite excited to see research continue in this space.  I'm also hoping someone will spend time performing comparable analysis within the IPv6 sphere over the T-6 months and T+18/24 from now to watch what happens at this critical time in the IPv4 lifecycle.

- Jared