NANOG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 25

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Sep 8 23:17:46 UTC 2010

--- M.Hotze at hotze.com wrote:
From: Martin Hotze <M.Hotze at hotze.com>

I have a private website; I don't want the site to be listed or content found via a search engine. I want to be able to give the URL out to friends etc. but I don't want all of the world hotlink or whatever[...]

Don't put links on the main page.  Put up example.com with only <html> </html> or nothing even.  Then your friends have to know to go to example.com/mypage.html but the web crawlers never know about mypage.html because there's no link on the top page.

scott