[OT} Re: seek cable/dsl provider in Troy MI 48083 USA

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sat Sep 4 23:07:23 UTC 2010

On Sep 4, 2010, at 6:37 PM, William Allen Simpson wrote:

> On 9/3/10 9:49 AM, nanog at ilk.net wrote:
>> for a customer at
>> Stephenson Highway
>> Troy, MI 48083 USA
>> we seek an internet access/service provider,
>> cable/xdsl/... would be ok,
>> fixed ip-address prefered.
>>
> I use WOW hereabouts, have sometimes used Comcast elsewhere, and
> have been known (in one instance) to rip the ATT lines and access
> box off the side of the building and loop it (nicely tied) over the
> lowest pole rung....
>
> Unless, of course, you are a budding ISP yourself; in which case
> you have to use ATT -- or run your own competing fiber.

You can also contact tkns.net or www.fiberlinkinc.com for local fiber builds.

they will do it all end-to-end for you. (including managing the pole agreement with dte/consumers).

tkns is a corporate relative of us signal, you may be able to get the combination of the two to give you good local access.

>> Please answer off-list.
>>
> Why?  You've bothered a hundred thousand network engineers with a
> local sales query, so it must be really really important to the
> North American Network Operations!

- Jared