Interesting IPv6 viral video

Zaid Ali zaid at zaidali.com
Thu Oct 28 21:29:45 UTC 2010

On 10/28/10 2:11 PM, "Leo Bicknell" <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:

> If you have been trying to get your C-Level folks to understand the
> problem for months or years and they won't listen, yet they come
> to you after watching this Cisco video then you should go visit
> www.monster.com, or www.careerbuilder.com.

I don't have this problem thankfully but I know many do and it is probably
the major reason why v6 adoption is slow. Many networks needs money invested
to upgrade for v6 readiness. The message is do it now before the costs
dramatically increase. The problem with C-level folks is not they don't want
to do it but there is no financial incentive for them to do it, if there is
no direct benefit to drive revenue then why put the money? The barrier for
v6 is not technical it is purely financial, some understand the economics
and some don't. Finance people usually think that the longer you can put off
expenses the better it looks for your balance sheet. This is really the crux
of the problem.

Zaid