Cell sites

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Tue Oct 26 16:46:29 UTC 2010

> I am hoping someone can guide me to a internet resource that provides
> information
> on newly contstructed cell sites and what provider they are affiliated with?

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchGeographic.jsp

You can do a coordinate search among other things.

Note .. this will tell you who has radios on the tower. If it's an empty
steel mast, it doesn't need to be in the FCC  license database.
Depending on how tall it as and/or proximity to airports, it might also
be here (FAA required registrations) even if it's empty :

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearch/towairSearch.jsp

Regards,

Michael Holstein
Cleveland State University