Tools for teaching users online safety

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Oct 26 14:08:50 UTC 2010

In article <4CC62B29.4040104 at blastro.com>, Alex Thurlow
<alex at blastro.com> writes
>I'm trying to find out if there are currently any resources available
>for teaching people how to be safe online.  As in, how to not get a
>virus, how to pick out phishing emails, how to recognize scams.  I'm
>sure everyone on this list knows these things, but a lot of end users
>don't.  I'm trying to find a way to teach these things to people who
>aren't too technically savvy.

There's quite a bit of information (UK-orientated) at www.e-victims.org,
which was intended to cover a wide range of issues but after three years
of operation is now focussing on anti-social behaviour rather than
scams. But there's a quite a lot of material there about avoiding scams,
and advice on what to do if you've been caught.

The generic preventative advice is mainly aimed at teenagers.

Disclaimer: I'm related to the owner.
--
Roland Perry