NTP Server

Martin Hotze M.Hotze at hotze.com
Mon Oct 25 05:16:27 UTC 2010

> Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 14:18:18 -0400
> From: David Andersen <dga at cs.cmu.edu>
> Subject: Re: NTP Server
 (...)
> If you find yourself needing really precise time with good guarantees,
> you're not just talking about buying one GPS unit -- you can easily go
> down a rathole of finding multiple units with good holdover

And you have to trust one single source: the US military.
Having my network outside the US and having read NOTAMs (notice to airmen) while preparing a flight stating that due to military ops the GPS signal was screwed up in that area I would not rely on GPS as my single NTP source for my network.

#m