NTP Server

Brandon Kim brandon.kim at brandontek.com
Mon Oct 25 00:15:56 UTC 2010

Hi Sean:

By local I meant in-house, on-site in our datacenter. As far as what applications could use our NTP service, I would
leave that up to each client and what they are running. For my own personal purposes, it would just be for log purposes.
(error logs, syslogs, etc etc)

I have heard that routers don't make good NTP servers since they weren't designed to keep track of time. This, I have read
from a Cisco source. Can't remember where though. Or maybe they were just referring to older less powerful routers like 2500 series...

Brandon