NTP Server

todd glassey tglassey at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 24 23:35:11 UTC 2010

On 10/24/2010 2:14 PM, Steven Hill wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2010, Christopher Morrow wrote:
>
>>> How do you knew that your local NTP server knew what time it is?
>>>  (for sure)

Because you got the time service from an authoritative source who did
the rest of the work to make sure that the NTP evidence practice worked.

This means you are a partner of the time-provider and you do both client
and peering type time-service events. It also means you address the
issues of certainty and the need to say absolutely what time it is in
the US or where ever at any given instance.

Let me be blunt... The NTP Evidence Model was designed for a totally
unrelated purpose and doesn't make the needed hurdle today. In fact
there are a number of related NTP Services necessary to create a
complete service model and not all of them are compatible with running a
NTP Service as a daemon unless you can do time-queries through NTPDATE
or other tools on separate ports.

Todd Glassey

--

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this
and delete this message.

Thank you for your cooperation.