IPv4 sunset date revised : 2009-02-05

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Fri Oct 22 18:37:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:21:36AM -0700, Cameron Byrne wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 10:54 AM,  <bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com> wrote:

	depends on your definition of "large" scale.
	for cernet2 ---

	"The grid over IPv6 covers 20 universities distributed in 13 cities, and
        the aggregation capability is high above 15 trillion time/sec, and the
	storage capability above 150TB."

	"CNGI-CERNET2 backbone runs IPv6 protocol and connects 25 PoPs distributed
        in 20 cities in China with the speed of 2.5Gbps/10Gbps. Meanwhile, the transmission
        rate of Beijing-Wuhan-Guangzhou and Wuhan-Nanjing-Shanghai is 10Gbps. Each
        PoP provides the 1Gbps/2.5Gbps/10Gbps access capacity for the access network.

        "Since the opening in 2004, CNGI-CERNET2 backbone has connected more than 200
        IPv6 access networks of universities and R&D institutes in China, supported
        technical trials and application demonstration, and provided excellent environment
        for world-wide next generation Internet research."

	So, yeah... for these smaller, regional networks, its a good fit. For you big
	guys, you may need something else.

--bill