DHS and NSA getting married?

todd glassey tglassey at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 22 18:08:51 UTC 2010

On 10/22/2010 8:04 AM, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 1:46 AM, George Bonser <gbonser at seven.com> wrote:
>> An agreement signed this month with the Department of Homeland Security
>> and an earlier initiative to protect companies in the defense industrial
>> base make it likely that the military will be a key part of any response
>> to a cyber attack.
>
> are any of the civilian agencies really prepared/capable of dealing
> with 'cyber attack'?

Yes...

 it seems fairly natural that a 'cyber attack' (on
> the gov't, or it's pieces/parts) is equivalent to an 'attack' on same.

true...

> We don't arm the NIST folks with Ar-15's and send them over the hill,
> we do that with marines.

So you clearly have never been on a DDCC S&D Raid I can tell.

Todd

--

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this
and delete this message.

Thank you for your cooperation.