DHS and NSA getting married?

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at wvi.com
Fri Oct 22 15:17:32 UTC 2010

On 10/21/2010 10:46 PM, George Bonser wrote:

> Among other things, a senior DHS cyber official and other DHS employees
> will move to the NSA to be closer to the heart of the military's cyber
> defense capability. Closer collaboration provides "an opportunity to
> look at new ways that we can do national cyber incident response, he
> said.
>
> http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=4939254&c=AME&s=TOP

Okay, so the Feds have set up a way to not duplicate effort (and waste
money at the same) between agencies.

Don't really see the downside here.

Full disclosure: Assigned to Army TCAE at Ft. Meade in the NSA compound
for a couple years in the late 90s - assigned for awhile with the unit
that is probably now associated with this.

--
Jeff Shultz