ARIN recognizes Interop for return of more than 99% of 45/8 address block

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Oct 20 15:33:01 UTC 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 11:27 AM, Christopher Morrow wrote:

> it's nice that interop did a nice thing here, but seriously, this is
> ~3 months of usage... there is no saving the move to v6, the bottom's
> going to fall out on or about june 2011 it seems.

I agree with Chris; this (and any other returns) won't change the IPv4
depletion/IPv6 deployment timeline substantially, but it's also true
we have folks who are just now realizing IPv4 depletion is happening
and returned address space may make the difference for those who need
just a bit more time...

/John

John Curran
President and CEO