ARIN recognizes Interop for return of more than 99% of 45/8 address block

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Oct 20 15:16:44 UTC 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 10:43 AM, Nick Hilliard wrote:

> Thank you Interop - for performing an outstanding act of altruism.
>
> John, could you provide more details at this stage on how much address space was returned to ARIN?

INTEROP is retaining 2 /16 blocks for existing usage;
i.e. more than 99% of the /8 block is being returned.

To the extent that parties have unused address space
beyond their usage and foreseeable need, we encourage
them to return the space so it may be reissued to
those parties with need.  This is in keeping with
global policies on Internet address space management.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN