Definitive Guide to IPv6 adoption

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Tue Oct 19 18:37:15 UTC 2010

On 10/19/2010 1:21 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> When did you ask? If it was more than 6 months ago, then, I would suggest asking again. If it was less than 6
> months ago, can you send me any or all of the correspondence so I can address it with Leslie and try and
> get whatever training issues remain resolved?

RegDate:        2009-01-16

Haven't read anything on changes in the announcements, except the "we're
sending this to PPML (think that's right?)", but no announcement on a
change of opinion/policy. I have enough mailing lists.

> If ARIN is incorrectly denying requests, I'll definitely work on getting that resolved.

We'll see. I've asked for a do-over, or whatever they called it. /24
seemed a bit much, so I slimmed down to /27, thinking it more
appropriate for a 5 year plan (which is what they asked).

> The beauty is that we don't have to come to rural OK to compete. We can just let them use whatever stingy amount
> of address space you provide to get a tunnel to us.

Sure they'll love the latency. I know I currently do with the mess that
is core routing. Anyone who would actually care, probably would request
a static, which we are much more lenient with IPv6 than IPv4. However, I
can't issue /48 to everyone as things stand. We'll see how it goes with
ARIN, now that I know I can ask again and not go through the hassle for
nothing.

Jack