Definitive Guide to IPv6 adoption

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Tue Oct 19 16:38:36 UTC 2010

On 10/19/2010 6:24 AM, Dan White wrote:
> But I still feel strongly that a /48 assignment model for residential
> customers is right for our environment.

Perfectly reasonable. If you've analyzed your situation and come to that
conclusion who am I to argue? Please note, I'm NOT saying, "You must use
/56 for residential!" I'm saying that reasonable minds can differ, and
that trying to jam everyone into the /48 mold does more harm than good.

Doug

--

Breadth of IT experience, and    |   Nothin' ever doesn't change,
depth of knowledge in the DNS.   |   but nothin' changes much.