Terminology Request, WAS: Enterprise DNS providers

Ken Gilmour ken.gilmour at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 18:53:47 UTC 2010

On 18 October 2010 10:21, Mans Nilsson <mansaxel at besserwisser.org> wrote:

> Subject: Terminology Request, WAS: Enterprise DNS providers Date: Mon, Oct
> 18, 2010 at 12:36:33AM -0700 Quoting Michael DeMan (nanog at deman.com):
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been following this thread, and am mostly curious - can somebody
> (or preferably several folks) define what is meant by 'Enterprise DNS' ?
>
> "Quality DNS operations for people with lots of money and not so lots
>  of operational capacity (dare I say clue?)"

Or maybe for some random company who doesn't have the burstable capacity to
handle a multi-gigabit network attack with a couple of office DNS servers.
Or maybe just a company who requires a guaranteed SLA... etc... Had we moved
to a free provider I have no doubt they would have gone down as well which
is not a very nice thing for us to do, so we moved to someone who could
shout at us and we could shout at.