Only 5x IPv4 /8 remaining at IANA

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Mon Oct 18 15:47:06 UTC 2010

I would say that at this point it is too late to resist v6 deployment
but it might be a good time to work on the "next thing" and use v6 as an
example of how not to do it next time.

It certainly is going to present some security challenges for some
folks, particularly the ones that have been using dynamic nat pools to,
in effect, block inbound connections. Firewall vendors are going to see
a windfall from v6, I think.