Choice of network space when numbering interfaces with IPv6

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Mon Oct 18 02:37:23 UTC 2010

> From: Warren Kumari <warren at kumari.net>
> Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 22:07:53 -0400
>
> On Oct 16, 2010, at 10:55 PM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>
> >> Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 01:56:28 +0100
> >> From: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>

> >> must be some blowhard i have plonked

> >> juniper and cisco implement today
> >
> > Unfortunately, a couple of other router vendors whose top of the line
> > units I have tested recently did not.
>
> Simple Matter of Programming ;-)
>
> Please suggest to said vendors that they implement this -- IMO it's
> the right way to do it...

Rest assured that I did so during the debrief on our evaluation. I know
one promised a fix quickly. I don't recall on the other as that problem
was not very significant compared to other issues with that unit.

These evals are so much fun. I had to listen to a sales type explain
that mBGP was incomplete for MY benefit. It might confuse me to be able
to run multiple address families over a single peering session. I am so
touched for this sort of concern.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)