Google groups outage

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Thu Oct 14 11:03:24 UTC 2010

At 03:53 14/10/2010 -0700, andrew.wallace wrote:

>500 server error for a long time.
>
>http://groups.google.com/
>
>Andrew

Google Groups is the most poor managed project in Google.  No one really
cares much about it inside Google (my view as an external user).  Go try to
find some of the older Usenet postings they imported years ago after they
bought out Dejanews. You won't find much.   I've reported bugs (search
function, language search, etc.) over the past 3 years to them via their
Groups forums and other means and basically they all end up in dev/null.

-Hank