AS6517 - Reliance Globalcom -- routing three more hijacked blocks

Sven Olaf Kamphuis sven at cb3rob.net
Thu Oct 7 14:19:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Heath Jones wrote:

>>> Well, anyway, here's three more hijacked blocks that they (AS6517)
>>> are routing.  This is in addition to the 75 such blocks I've already
>>> reported.  (I guess that makes 78 hijacked blocks for them, in total.)
>>
>> Out of curiosity, are you also reporting these blocks to Spamhaus?  I expect
>> their DROP list maintainers would be interested.
>
> With an IP space of just 2^32, I'd suspect they are better off
> maintaining a whitelist ;)

I'd say people that hijack space have a legitimate need for it or they
would not be doing it. as long as spamming is not "criminal activity" i
see no need to filter them actually, on the other hand, we spend a lot of
time filtering MPAA/RIAA member ranges. I can has blacklist for those?
(those are the real enemies of the internet industry, not the spammers :P