Scam telemarketers spoofing our NOC phone number for callerid

Graham Beneke graham at apolix.co.za
Wed Oct 6 19:16:04 UTC 2010

On 06/10/2010 17:15, William Herrin wrote:
> I had my unpublished asterisk box up for all of two days before
> getting half a megabit per second worth of false SIP registration
> attempts.

The script kiddies and botnets seem to by trying hard.

I started announcing a brand new RIR allocation about 4 days ago and
decided to tcpdump the background noise on the prefix before it gets
used in production. About 80% of the traffic is systematic scanning on
port 5060 across the entire prefix.

--
Graham Beneke