Scam telemarketers spoofing our NOC phone number for callerid

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Wed Oct 6 15:43:49 UTC 2010

Digital all the way through. No sip. No outside access to the PBX subnet either. Just a mininute ago our telco has verified that the calls are not orginating from out phone system. It's a simple caller id spoofing. People don't realize that caller id can be spoofed and therefore are 100% sure that we are makign the harrasing calls.

Just wanted nanog to be aware of this since the only two numbers that this has happened with are the ones in our ARIN whois records.

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
http://www.ox.com  | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff  | Fax:   914-460-4139