Scam telemarketers spoofing our NOC phone number for callerid

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Wed Oct 6 14:29:08 UTC 2010

We have recently gotten complaints of harrassing and high pressure sales scams orginating from our NOC's phone number. Since the number is a virtual number on the PBX, it can't be used for outgoing calls. I assume the scammers choose the number from the whois db. Anyone else seen this happening? Any suggestions on whom we should contact?

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
http://www.ox.com  | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff  | Fax:   914-460-4139