router lifetime

jim deleskie deleskie at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 01:27:32 UTC 2010

If you can do a business case to support replacing routers every 3years you
doing much better then most.  IMO a router should last 5 yrs on the book,
but I expect to get more life then then from it.  You core today
is tomorrow's edge.  I've seen more then one network with 10 yo kit still
being used.

-jim