ARIN IP/AS Assignment

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Sat Oct 2 16:32:22 UTC 2010

On 10/2/10 1:17 AM, Imran Moin wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I was wondering how long it is taking ARIN these days to assign new IP block
> and AS Number. We are a new startup and looking to build our network over
> the next few months.

It took only a few days to be assigned our AS number, but that was after
hair pulling, head banging on desk, and
i-want-to-drink-every-night-after-work for a week or two while we
figured out how to work around the circular "You need to have two
upstreams first before we will assign an AS" rule but providers
can't/won't peer with you without one in the first place reality.

I wish you luck :)

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org