ARIN Fraud Reporting Form ... Don't waste your time

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sat Oct 2 01:45:01 UTC 2010

In message <5A6D953473350C4B9995546AFE9939EE0A52B07A at RWC-EX1.corp.seven.com>,
"George Bonser" <gbonser at seven.com> wrote:

>So ARIN is in the process of verifying their contacts database.
>Organizations with an unreachable contact might be a good place to plant
>a "dig here" sign.

Fyi --

They (ARIN) already _are_ putting up ``dig here'' signs... in the POC records.

Unfortunately, it would now appear that the folks doing the digging in those
exact spots, are the hijackers, like Joytel.  (Unless I'm mistaken, every
last one of the blocks that Joytel grabbed had one of those little annotations
on the associated POC record(s)).

Talk about the Law of Unintended Conseqences!

Oh well.  It all comes out in the wash.  Those POC annotations may perhaps
have helped Joytel to identify easy takeover targets, but then they also
helped _me_ to find the specific blocks that Joytel had jacked.

On balance, I say it is better to have them than to not have them.  Even
if they might occasionally give those with sinister intent a small leg up.

Regards,
rfg

P.S.  I hope that everybody knows that the jerk behind Joytel also, apparently,
tried to screw the taxpayers out of about $11+ million of ``stimulus'' money...
undoubtedly for yet another useless make-work ``shovel ready'' project.

http://jacksonville.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/stories/2009/11/30/story1.html#

No word on whether he ever actually got his hoped-for $11.8 million payoff.
Knowing how ga-ga the Obama administration is over anything that has the
word ``broadband'' in it however, I wouldn't put it past them, and they
probably did give this schmuck the cash.  (They also really like the words
``young entrepreneur''.  Sounds great to the unwashed masses in a press
release.)

      If companies want to move here, they have a great labor force, great
      quality of life and affordable office space, said Mark Anthony Marques,
      Joytel president and CEO.  What we lack is a good enough connection to
      the Internet infrastructure.

      The company expects to know by mid-December whether it will receive
      funding for the project, which has the support of key players including
      Mayor John Peyton, U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson and U.S. Reps. Corrine Brown
      and Ander Crenshaw.

      About 400 gigabytes of high-speed Internet capacity will be available
      to providers by mid-2010 if funding is received. That is enough capacity
      to transfer the entire contents of the Library of Congress within five
      minutes.

... or alternatively, to spam every person on the planet, twice, in under
twenty minutes.