ARIN Fraud Reporting Form ... Don't waste your time

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Sat Oct 2 00:42:36 UTC 2010

> They do, indeed, for space that is/was issued by ARIN. That space is
> subject to annual fees and there is a clear and consistent method
> for doing so. The bigger problem is with legacy space (most of the
> space listed in the complaint we are discussing, if not all).
>
> In the case of legacy space, it's actually very hard for ARIN to even
> identify the status of the organization in question, let alone take
> any sort of action with respect to said space.

Ok, I think I have a solution that is workable.  A second database ...
call it "whoisnt" ... of number resources and their points of contact
that have not signed the legacy RSA and allow the community members to
decide individually if they wish to continue to provide unfettered
access from those resources.  It might also provide maybe even some
small amount of community pressure on the holders of those resources to
place them under the legacy RSA.