ARIN Fraud Reporting Form ... Don't waste your time (more re: recovered resources)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Oct 1 22:18:44 UTC 2010

On Oct 1, 2010, at 5:43 PM, John Curran wrote:

> Resources being used by actual defunct organizations we will reclaim if reported.

Folks -

It occurred to me that I could have been clearer, so here I am replying
to myself...

When we at ARIN can readily determine that an organization is defunct
and has no apparent successor, we will reclaim resources.  This generally
happens because someone attempts a fraudulent transfer of those resources
but can also be a result of other investigations.

We give a report of returned, revoked, and reclaimed number resources at
each member meeting - last April's report can be found here:
https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_XXV/PDF/Wednesday/Nobile_RSD.pdf

Obviously, we'll be presenting updated statistics this upcoming week in
Atlanta; there's been a bit of a surge of activity in this area.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN