ARIN Fraud Reporting Form ... Don't waste your time

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Fri Oct 1 12:33:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 04:10:12AM -0700, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> No, it's kind of like asking the DMV whether the car belongs to the thief
> or to someone else.  They keep the records for Christ's sake!  They *can*
> take a position on that rudumentary, simple, and basic question, and they
> should.  And that is all I ask or expect them to do.  But they don't
> even want to do that miniscule amount of work, apparently.  They want to
> be the Keeper of the Records, but then they want to roll over and play
> dead, or ignorant, or agnostic, whenever somebody has the temerrity to
> simply ask them what the f**king records they are keeping *mean* about
> who actually owns what.
>
> I already said it, but I'll say it again for the benefit of those with
> low reading comprehension.  Nobody is asking ARIN to go out, with guns
> drawn, and pull the plug themselves.  But they can and should take a
> position on who owns what.  That is a judicial function, not a police
> function.  If you don't understand the distinction, then you are dumber
> than you think I think you are.
>

> Regards,
> rfg

R,
	I have a couple of questions for you...

	perhaps I am unclear here.  are you asserting that [natural/legal]
	persons OWN address space?

	Last I checked, ARIN records a binding between a person and a
	"Right to Use" agreement that is reflected in the ARIN database.

	e.g.

	Bills Bait & Sushi has the right to use  168.254.0.0/16
		from 01oct1999 - current(*)

	* registration fees are current.

	ARIN publishes reports from its database in two basic forms,
	the WHOIS (et.al.) format and the [ip6/in-addr].arpa DNS format.

	Are you suggesting that ARIN does _NOT_ publish data or that
	ARIN doesn't keep the data current, or something else?

--bill