Static routes and reverse DNS with Cogeco

Brian Raaen nanog at rhemasound.org
Tue Nov 30 17:51:15 UTC 2010

I am assist a small cable system that is using cogeco as their backbone provider, and am running into some issues.  I was wondering if anyone else has had sucess working with them.  My issues are the following.

1.  They absolutly refuse to delagate rDNS authority for a /24
2.  I was told they "do not do static routes" when I asked if I could have my /24 circuit converted to a /30 and have the remaining subnets routed to my end of /30.  Their suggested meathod is to put a router running proxy arp in front of my CMTS.

I am trying to escalate my case, but it looks like I am being forced into some kind of proxy-arp setup.

---
Brian Raaen
Network Architech