Level 3 Communications Issues Statement Concerning Comcast'sActions

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Tue Nov 30 17:23:18 UTC 2010

I used to have an unlimited EVDO service from Sprint, when they changed to
5GB I called to complain and was advised that my plan was grandfathered, my
new limit 5GB but with $0/GB overage.

Jeff

On Nov 30, 2010 11:24 AM, "Brielle Bruns" <bruns at 2mbit.com> wrote:

On 11/30/10 9:07 AM, William Herrin wrote:

> My Verizon Blackberry plan says unlimited data. Inclu...
Its 5GB, trust me on that one.  Former roommate worked for Verizon Wireless
as a high level blackberry tech in the local call center - they quietly
added the cap to all plans over the past year after adding all these little
disclaimers to sales docs, websites, etc.

She came home and warned us one day that our EVDO modem on the business
account was now capped, even though it was originally 'unlimited'. IIRC,
they'll start billing you per megabyte or gigabyte after 5GB. I've not had
an oppertunity to test this, so I'm only going by what I was told.

> IIRC, Clear's 4G service has no monthly cap.

It does, 5GB as well, but I believe they throttle you down majorly once you
hit the cap.  I'll keep my eyes on the fine print next time I see a Clear
commercial here.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org