Level 3 Communications Issues Statement Concerning Comcast's Actions

Bret Clark bclark at spectraaccess.com
Tue Nov 30 13:55:09 UTC 2010

On 11/30/2010 07:59 AM, Sean Donelan wrote:

> Or why don't you build a network to places that Comcast peers at; and
> bypass L3 completely and negotiate a peering relationship directly
> with Comcast?

We tried Comcast wouldn't peer with us because they considered us a
compeititor.

Seriously this has nothing to do with L3 but more with Netflix...it's
clear that the Netflix business model is eating into Comcast VoD
business and so they are strong arming other providers to affect
Netflix's business model. But as others have stated what would happen if
Comcast starts coming after every service provider's hosting services
that Comcast doesn't like?

Bret