Level 3 Communications Issues Statement ConcerningComcast'sActions

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Mon Nov 29 23:53:40 UTC 2010

> I hope Level3's acquiescence is temporary or the FTC puts a stop to
it.
> It is sort of like FedEx owning the freeway and charging UPS to use
it.

Note that I would have no problem with Comcast's demand for payment if
they didn't also own NBC/Universal.  If they were to divest themselves
of NBC/Universal and charge NBC/Universal the same distribution fee,
then I say fine.

The problem here is the fact that Comcast isn't charging more to pay for
the cost of viewing streaming content, they are charging more for
viewing COMPETING streaming content.