Targeted Phishing Attack

J.D. Falk jdfalk-lists at cybernothing.org
Mon Nov 29 17:19:48 UTC 2010

Last week, the security team at Return Path discovered that we were the source of a list of addresses used in a targeted phishing attack against a number of ESPs.  We're sharing the results of our investigation with the larger community, in order to help others avoid similar attacks.

I'm including NANOG in this distribution because, even though this particular attack was focused on mail operators, the same tactics could work equally well on network operators.

http://www.returnpath.net/blog/received/2010/11/phishing-attack-an-open-letter-to-the-anti-spam-and-mailbox-operator-community/

--
J.D. Falk
Internet Standards & Governance