Jumbo frame Question

Brandon Kim brandon.kim at brandontek.com
Fri Nov 26 16:02:39 UTC 2010

Where would the world be if we weren't stuck at 1500 MTU? I've always kinda thought, what if that was larger
from the start....

We keep getting faster switchports, but the MTU is still 1500 MTU! I'm sure someone has done some testing with
a 10/100 switch with jumbo frames enables versus a 10/100/1000 switch using regular 1500 MTU and compared
the performance.....