Network management software with high detailed traffic report

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Nov 26 08:51:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, Sergey Voropaev wrote:

> We are using cisco switches like as 3750, 6500 etc. So there is no
> fairqueue.

How are the 2M connections connected to these ethernet switches?

Makes me wonder if it wouldn't be a better opex solution to actually put a
CPU platform between the L3 switches and these 2M connections so you can
do hierarchical shaping and prioritize the traffic you really need (and do
fair-queue at the same time). An 1841 would do the job for instance.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se