reporting physical plant damage to AT&T ?

Paul Vixie vixie at
Thu Nov 25 17:58:27 CST 2010

> From: "Robert Glover"<robertg at>
> Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 15:02:42 -0800
> Try calling 1-800-332-1321.  It is a general repair number for POTS
> and DSX circuits.  They are clueful, and if they aren't the right
> people to call, they will likely be able to point you in the right
> direction.

thanks, that did it.  i tried every other 800 and 866 number folks could
send me and this was the first one that i tried that was answered by a
human (in st louis) who then transferred me to a call center in california
who asked me my circuit number but then took my report anyway.  nice folks.

i think all of us who place infrastructure in places away from our offices
should label them clearly as to who to call if they get hit by cars, or if
not that, make sure google will tell observers how to find us.

More information about the NANOG mailing list