Blocking International DNS

Mans Nilsson mansaxel at besserwisser.org
Thu Nov 25 16:32:33 UTC 2010

Subject: Re: Blocking International DNS Date: Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:55:56PM +0100 Quoting Joakim Aronius (joakim at aronius.com):
> * Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com) wrote:
> > This isnt new - there have been proposals elsewhere for a resolver
> > based blacklist of child porn sites.
> >

> Swedish ISPs are required to enforce a DNS blacklist for childporn,

<snip>

No, they are not _required_ to. Several ISPen market themselves by not
implementing the blocking.
The larger, family-oriented ISPen do enforce the list on their resolvers.
Circumvention is trivial, though.

> And once you get these things in place you never know where it will end...

That, OTOH, is true.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668