Introducing draft-denog-v6ops-addresspartnaming

Fri Nov 19 09:04:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 08:42, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> Since the poll is a straight yes/no option with no preference, I will
> express my preference here.

I considered using the Condorcet method [1] (modified for NotA), but
as past experience has shown that people get easily confused by it, I
decided to create a "plain" poll, instead.

> While I find the term quibble fun and
> amusing, I think hextet is a far more useful term because it does not
> have the overloaded human semantics that come with quibble.

To be completely honest, while I did know the term, I had forgotten
about it. This is part of the reason why I am seeking a wider
audience. I'll add this consideration to the draft. I agree that this
might be (not has to be) a deal breaker.

> I'm sorry to quibble with the majority here, but, in this case, I think
> we have enough problems with ambiguous terminology in
> networking and this opportunity to avoid creating one more should
> not be missed.

Agreed. OTOH, Hextet is not technically correct while appearing to be so.

Thanks a lot,
Richard

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condorcet_method