OT: VM slicing and dicing

Brandon Kim brandon.kim at brandontek.com
Mon Nov 15 20:28:43 UTC 2010

Thanks guys for keeping this topic alive. =)

I'm leaning towards the opensource or at least the Xen side of things. I haven't yet fully evaluated vCloud Director but I get the gut
feeling that anything "VMware" is going to be costly.

Is that a fair assumption?

The issue is that I'm looking for an application that is as turnkey as possible, even if it's a little bit more. That "could" be vCloud Director, I don't know yet....

But I do know that if we have to invest in writing a lot of custom scripts to get what we want, then we don't have the resources for that....